Sunday, September 9, 2012

Michael Gofaroth: Remembering 9/11

 I would like to thank my two sons and grandson for their sacrifices in defending our country.  I recall the day one of my sons told me he was joining the military due to the attacks on the Trade Center.  God Bless the families that have suffered from these cowardice acts of terrorism.

This is an excerpt from an article written by Michael Gofaoth.

"This week, as we remember those who died on that awful day from the terrorist attacks on this country, those who have been killed and wounded in the fight to prevent future attacks, those who lost friends and family members in New York and Washington and in a field in Pennsylvania, those who have seen their friends and family members called into military service in the aftermath of those attacks, let us also remember a time when we felt united, if only for a few fleeting months, and when we felt pride to share the name of American with our fellow Americans.
And, let us remember that song:"

"God bless America,
"Land that I love.
"Stand beside her, and guide her
"Through the night with a light from above.
"From the mountains, to the prairies,
"To the oceans, white with foam,
"God bless America, my home sweet home.
"God bless America, my home sweet home."

read full article:Michael Goforth; Remembering 9/11

No comments:

Post a Comment